27 maj, 2006

A little bit about this, a little bit about that!

Hi to anyone that ended up at this page! :)

Today it is Saturday, the clock shows 15:25 and I am sitting in the sun on my balcony listening to "Matt Darey & Marcella Woods - Voice of an angel".
It is quite warm here and because of that I am letting my curious neighbours have a free look at my embarassingly white chest. ;)
Well, you have to start somewhere to build up the tan for this years edition of "Beach 2007", anfortunately there are no beaches close to where live but can't a man have a dream?
My laptop is an old Pentium 2, 400mhz with 128Mb RAM running XP, it's battery is dead but I am lucky to have a power outlet here on the balcony. It still does a quite good job as it can play music and videos without problems, I can surf the web, check my email, write in this blog and even Skype works!
Today a friend of mine is having his 31st birthday, at the same day we celebrate "mothers day" wich I must not forget by the way...
The laptop gets pretty warm though resting here in my lap, and then it is good to find a Vodka-juice-7up drink just by my side to cool me down!

I've been very tempted to get another laptop recently, one that is a bit faster and that has a working battery. The lappie that has really caught my eye is the recently released Apple Macbook "black", it is really nice and can run both OSX and Windows XP in dualboot. Only real drawbacks seems to be it's fairly weak graphics card, good enough for anything except gaming.

I've took friday of from work as we already had the thursday off and now I am really happy to have 4 days of leave joined together before work starts again. I am also looking forward a bit to my vacation that comes up in July (two last weeks) and wich I will spend with family and friends in Sweden.
Only thing on the schedule that vacation is the "Wine-drinking-party" that we have every half year and that will have it's 10th year celebration this year.
It is a good way for me to meet most of my friends and we try to set the date months in advance in order to have as many as possible to be able to join.
This party is a boys only thingy where we make som food and drink large amounts of red wine, the menu is always a chili-chicken made in a clay-pot in the stove (really nice by the way). I know it might sound a bit gay to have a "boys only" party but it is so much fun and we always end up on a nightclub in the end of the evening anyway. ;)

"Darren Tate vs. Jono Grant - Shine" is putting my speakers to some hard work for the moment... and I start wondering why I have started to listening so much to vocal trance lately!? I think it is the combination of the harmonies and the female vocals + the fact that I have always been attracted by electronic music.
If I were to choose one single group to listen to for the rest of my life I would probably pick "Depeche Mode", they have always been favourites of mine and have been going on for over 25 years now producing LOTS of music (their 44th single has just been released btw. "John the revelator"). Every album has been a new sound experience and their music has really grown during the years, not to mention David Gahan's voice! ;)
David were deep down in drugs some ten years ago, so deep in fact that his heart stopped for some time before he could be revived. Today he is clean and still going strong. I can't help the fact that I really think some of thhe music made in the "dark years" are some of their best - take the album "Violator" as an example.

Now my second drink is almost finished and I will go to prepare a third one...

Love to all!

/erikss0n

Inga kommentarer: